MEDICAL BILLER TEAM LEAD (JOB ID #7621)
Kearny Mesa - Full-Time
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services (RCPMS) offers exciting opportunities for qualified candidates to join our rapidly growing organization. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Rady Children’s Hospital and Health Center with just over 500 employees. RCPMS supports primary care pediatricians with 32 office locations throughout San Diego and Southern Riverside Counties.
RCPMS seeks a friendly, motivated, and experienced individual for our open Medical Billing (PFS) Team Lead position. This is a full-time position located at our corporate office in Kearny Mesa. Full-time hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, PFS the Medical Billing (PFS) Team Lead assumes the responsibility for the daily overall operation of the department and provides strategic and creative thinking for continuous improvement of operations and quality of work.
- Routinely analyze and follow up on batches for Medi-Cal, Medi-CAL/HMO and CHDP forms.
- Proof read changes and information provided on charge tickets to PM-160.
- Reviews and verifies charge documents for: eligibility of coverage, patient demographic and financial information, date of service, provider name and signature, CPT codes with medically appropriate diagnosis codes and proper attachments prior to entry.
- Efficiently and accurately complete CHDP/PM160 forms for processing.
- Proficiently meet set deadlines- close dates and monthly end.
- Performs related duties as required within scope of classification.
- Demonstrates behavior, which supports the Mission and Vision of Children’s Physician Management Services.
- Act as a resource person for all areas of responsibility.
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a medical billing office.
- EMR experienced preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent ability to lead a team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven superb interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and approach customers, employees, physicians and management in a tactful manner.
- Established success in maintaining composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Ability to read and write simple to complex correspondence.
For full-time positions RCPMS offers the full scope of benefits, a competitive compensation package and opportunities for professional growth. Employee Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
If you want to work with a great group of people, we invite you to join us in promoting the health of children within our communities.
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter.