TRAINING SUPERVISOR (JOB ID #9505)
Kearny Mesa - Full-Time
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services (RCPMS) offers exciting opportunities for qualified candidates to join our rapidly growing organization. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Rady Children’s Hospital and Health Center with just over 300 employees. RCPMS supports primary care pediatricians with 22 office locations throughout San Diego and Southern Riverside Counties.
RCPMS seeks motivated, experienced individuals for our open Training Supervisor position at our Kearny Mesa Corporate Office. Under the supervision of the Central Services Manager and in collaboration with Human Resources, Patient Financial Services and IT, the Training Supervisor is responsible for oversight of the RCPMS training department including administrative and clinical trainers. The Training Supervisor will oversee the creation, management, design, implementation and improvement of the training programs for RCPMS staff and Community Connect affiliates. The Training Supervisor in collaboration with the Quality department will manage the creation of a cohesive patient experience characterized by excellent patient care and exceptional customer service. The scope of training includes, but is not limited to, practice management application training, clinical application training, and customer service training. The Supervisor will be the primary trainer through the course of all RCPMS related training.
- Ensures new procedures, processes and policies are disseminated, trained and implemented with staff.
- Manage all aspects of training program delivery including scheduling and on-site training selection.
- In collaboration with the Epic analysts, develop and conduct all Epic related training to newly hired and established RCPMS staff including follow up post training.
- Train on interpersonal skills including customer service, communications and critical thinking for RCPMS staff.
- Assist in assessing clinic work flows, including troubleshooting and resolution process, to achieve the most efficient process.
- Organize and participate in annual skills-a-thon and assessments on an annual basis to evaluate the effectiveness of the training program.
- Provide “Go-Live” support to front and back off staff where Epic is newly deployed.
- Manages implementation of follow-up on new hires; assess competency through data collection, observation and interviewing.
- Assess issues and develop ways to enhance service based on customer feedback from social media, the website, MyChart, or telephone encounters.
- Participates on committees and/or taskforces as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Healthcare or related field or equivalent work experience.
- One year of supervisory experience.
- Credentialed Epic Trainer (within 6 months of hire); willingness to pursue Epic certification appropriate to position. (i.e. Training Environment Design Certification)
- Six months of experience in a medical setting and experience on one of the major medical software application (i.e EPIC, Meditech, IDX, etc…)
- Excellent teaching skills. Understands the needs of the adult learner. Able to create teaching/communication materials to insure information is easily and accurately understood.
- Ability to approach others in a tactful manner, react well under pressure and follow through on commitments.
- Ability to motivate and encourage learners to achieve a high level of performance and productivity.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with medical management software packages.
- Willingness to travel to all locations to enhance and support learning experience.
- Valid California License and insurance.
For full-time positions RCPMS offers the full scope of benefits, a competitive compensation package and opportunities for professional growth.
If you want to work with a great group of people, we invite you to join us in promoting the health of children within our communities.
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter including salary expectations.