LICENSED VOCATIONAL NURSE (JOB ID #6325)
Euclid - Full-Time
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services (RCPMS) offers exciting opportunities for qualified candidates to join our rapidly growing organization. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Rady Children’s Hospital and Health Center with just over 500 employees. RCPMS supports primary care pediatricians with 32 office locations throughout San Diego and Southern Riverside Counties.
RCPMS seeks friendly, motivated, experienced individuals for our open Licensed Vocational Nurse positions.
Full-time hours are Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm.
- The licensed vocational nurse (LVN) reports to the Clinic Manager and works under the clinical direction of a physician or a registered nurse and in accordance with LVN scope of practice and RCPMS policies.
- Duties include basic client assessment (data collection), measurement of vital signs, documentation, administration of medications and treatments, and blood withdrawal (requires separate certification.)
- Provides direct nursing care in accordance to established protocols on patient care.
- Assumes responsibility for the quality and quantity of nursing care to patients, who present with urgent, emergent, or potential health problems.
- conducts patient and family teaching; utilizes knowledge of nursing practices and ethics and pediatric concepts.
- Works with patients, families and other customers, remains courteous and positive and handles inquiries in a responsive and professional manner.
- New Grads Welcome!
- Pediatric experience preferred.
- Candidate must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- California state licensure.
- Current BLS certification.
- Ability to maintain composure when confronted with fast-paced and stressful situations.
- Pleasant attitude, a professional appearance and a willingness to assign high priority to patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Bilingual preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
Job offer is contingent on successful participation in the Rady Children’s Physician Management Services (RCPMS) COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. For the safety and well-being of our pediatric community, many of whom are not eligible for their COVID-19 vaccine yet, RCPMS requires that all staff be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
For full-time positions RCPMS offers the full scope of benefits, a competitive compensation package and opportunities for professional growth. Employee Benefits include but are not limited to:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
- Matching 401k
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Incentive
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group Life and AD&D Insurance
If you want to work with a great group of people, we invite you to join us in promoting the health of children within our communities.
Rady Children’s Physician Management Services is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered, please submit a resume and cover letter.